Did I tell you guys that I have a weakness for sweets ???…YES YES … and a big one …I am working on that ,but that’s a different story for some other day …
As per my Indian traditions we start any new thing/venture with a little bit of sweet ..so that’s why I too wanted to start my blogging with something sweet and what’s better than a bread ….
Who doesn’t enjoy a warm loaf of sweet Banana Bread with a cup of hot cappuccino …. or may be a serving of whipped cream and a drizzle of hot chocolate sauce on top………sounds so yumm .
I must tell you that I had tried several recipes/methods, prior to this one and had failed miserably, each time something or else went bad …I used to watch it rise while in the oven and as soon as done it used to turned into a solid tough brick …as if someone pricked the bubble …. My roommates then,were so kind to still taste it and encourage me for next batch …….We all learn from our mistakes
So today I am sharing this fool proof recipe with you guys ….lets get into the details
Ohh and there is a step by step photo update below the recipe for reference
- 1 and 3/4 cups of white all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt (Use this only if you are using unsalted Butter)
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 3 large Bananas (Ripe and mashed with fork)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl .Make sure everything is at room temperature
- Now pour the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients and mix gently. You do not need a hand mixer or blender for this.You just need to make sure that everything is incorporated. Do not over mix or beat the batter, else the bread will turn out to be tough after baking.
- Grease the inside of the loaf pan (9x5 inch) that you will be using today (you can even line it with a parchment paper)
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake this in the oven for 40-45 mins depending on your oven's setting .
- You would know when the bread by inserting a tooth pick or a skewer to the thickest part of the bread and it should come out clean.
- Take the pan out and let it cool. Once cooled enough , take the bread out and cut into pieces.
- Serve it with Tea or Coffee or with some whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce
- 1.Do not over beat the batter like its done for cakes , that will make the bread hard
- 2.The walnuts are optional or you can replace it with the nuts of your choice..But a bit of crunch is always good
- 3.Instead of butter , you can also use ghee in same ratio, add mentioned quantity of salt if you are using ghee
- 4.These can be baked in muffin tin as well, for an easy grab and go breakfast , baking time will reduce in that case
- 5.The bread can be refrigerated in airtight container for upto 7 day
Let me know ,if you give it a try ….