You know, how there are some odd jobs that you always wanted to do …may be for a day, but officially appointed on that 🙂
I have a list of such jobs …one of them is that of a “Bartender” …..It just intrigues me how they are able to mix different liquors and infuse different flavors to come up with a Cocktail ….and I am talking about the people who actually create new drinks …
When I was single and used to live with other flatmates …every Friday, if we weren’t going out, we had a mini party at our own house …….we played music …spent hours chatting and eating and drinking the cocktails I prepared …. Couple of times a mocktail/virgin version of the same drink as well to accommodate everyone 🙂
I didn’t even had a cocktail shaker then , so either I used to used two glasses or a blender sometime …..Usually the drinks came out good …but I had to throw many disgusting one in the sink :)…..(wasting Liquor should be a crime )
Thanks to one of my close friend and my room mate then “Aditi” , She gifted me an actual Cocktail shaker ….which I still have after so many years and I use it for my Bartending experiments . 🙂
This being a festive season ,I am sure most of you must be either attending or throwing some sort of get together at your place …
So today I am sharing with you one of the Italian Cocktail recipe called Rossini, which is way too simple to make, but so fancy in appearance, that its kicks up your drinks menu up a notch.
Make sure to check out the “Notes” section for various substitutes (base drink and Non Alcoholic versions)
- Prosecco or Any other Sparkling White Wine (see notes for Non-Alcoholic substitutes)
- 6-8 Fresh Strawberries (frozen might work as well)
- 2 Tsb Sugar (optional-depending on how sweet is your wine and strawberries)
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- 3-4 Ice cubes
- Put the strawberries , lime juice and sugar into a blender and make a puree . Add just a little bit of water in case its difficult to blend . You can taste this to adjust the sweetness .
- Strain the above mixture into a container and refrigerate until you are ready to make the drink .
- We will be using approximately 2 tbs of above puree for each glass of drink we create.
- While serving, put the ice cubes into the cocktail shaker (or a glass) and add 2 tbs of the puree and very little amount of wine into it .
- Gently mix the ingredients with a spoon ,we don't have to rigorously shake it .
- Into the serving glass, pour a little bit of wine and then pour the above mix ,making sure no ice goes into the glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with the chilled wine and its ready to serve.
- 1) Make sure to follow the steps mentioned for serving ,else, in the final product the strawberry puree looks all patchy and you would not want to stir it then and loose all the fizz
- 2)The original drink is made out of Prosecco which is an Italian wine , but any other sparkling white wine will be perfect to make it
- 3) You can use Non Alcoholic Sparkling White wine for creating virgin version of this.
- 4) I like to strain the Puree after blending, to remove any of the small seeds , as I don't enjoy chewing up my drink even a bit
- 5) Just a tip , using a moderately inexpensive wine works just fine for this drink , because any ways we are adding flavors to it . So save your expensive ones for latter use 🙂