In this fast pace life, where we are always running, but still are always 5 mins late for almost everything …the biggest thing that gets missed mostly is the Breakfast ….
It happens with me a lot …. and mostly I either end up having a cup of tea and some kind of cookie or a biscuits or may be an egg in some form or nothing at all…..but if there is something ready, like grab and go kinds, it makes life so easy.
So I started my hunt for some make ahead recipes and tried couple of them …some I just liked for few days but some became my breakfast , evening snack and sometime dessert too.
The most popular one is Blueberry muffin …I enjoy eating blueberries in all forms- fresh , frozen (in smoothies ) , with chocolate, in pies etc etc …its delicious and is very healthy too as its rich in Antioxidants .
Although we almost get every fruit all through the year now , but during the peak berry season there are loads of promotions on these and I tend to buy a lot and just wash and freeze them in zip locks for future use (Smoothies , Cocktails , Muffins etc) .
I also searched that Amazon.in does have some options of dried berries available at reasonable cost
So today let me share with you the most simple yet foolproof recipe of BLUEBERRY MUFFINS, that can solve your breakfast issues in minutes …..
Its tried and tested and doesn’t need any fancy gadgets or equipment.
Also you can make a big batch and refrigerate the left over for a week in air tight container . Just warm this up for ~30 sec in a microwave prior to eating with a warm cup of coffee or with a drizzle of chocolate syrup
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries (Frozen- completely thawed)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 125 grams melted Salted Butter (at room temperature) (see notes for substitute)
- 2 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
- Preheat the oven at 325' Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix all the Dry Ingredients except Blueberries
- In a small bowl mix the Wet ingredients
- Pour the Wet Ingredient mix on to the the Dry Ingredient mix and add the Blueberries as well.
- Fold the mixture together gently without over beating the mix
- Don't worry if some blueberries get broken
- Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners.I use the medium sized muffin tray that makes 12 muffins at a time.
- If you don't have muffin liners ,make sure to grease the muffin tray thoroughly.
- Using a spoon, put the batter into the tray, with each muffin space filled to 3/4 of its depth with the batter
- Bake this into the Oven at 325' Fahrenheit, for 20-25 mins ,depending on your over
- The muffin is done, when you insert a toothpick at the highest part of the muffin and it comes out clean
- Switch off the oven and, let the muffin tray rest inside the oven for 5 mins and then take the tray out of the oven and let it cool
- Serve it at room temperature or a little warm (reheated in the microwave for ~30 secs).
- 1) You can use ghee instead of Butter . just add 1/8 teaspoon of salt if you are using Unsalted butter or ghee.
- 2) This can be served with Chocolate syrup ,whipped cream or even a scoop of an ice cream